- This event has passed.
Natural Heritage Woolwich Riverside – Hydracity Community Day
25th September 2021 @ 10:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
On Saturday 25 Sept (10.30-4pm) as part of Hydracity Community events – Natural Heritage Community Day joined a Carnival day in Woolwich Riverside with local walks, hosted from the Dockyard gem – Clockhouse Community Centre: following the Natural Heritage of Woolwich Docklands with Charlie Fox (inspirallondon collective) from midday to 1.30pm; or going foraging to find fruits and edible plants for jam making workshop with Clare Qualmann’s East End Jam in the afternoon.
- Join a day of Woolwich Riverside Community-led walking to celebrate nature, and the natural heritage of Woolwich Old Dockyard, along the River Thames.
- 10.15 am Welcome – meet in front of the Clockhouse Community Centre, SE18 with artist Clare Qualmann and inspirallondon team for a foraging stroll in Clockhouse locality.
- 10.30-12 midday Foraging walk/s – identify and collect edible fruits and plants, at the end of Summer, to be made into jam. We also be visiting the Community Garden.
- Lunch Break – with tasting of East End Jam & inspirallondon jam, chutney, jellies.
- 1.30 – 4.0pm Drop in Jam making workshop – using the foraged fruits to create jam. Youcan come for an hour, all welcome, but children should be accompanied by an adult.
- From 12 midday to 1.30 Charlie Fox, inspiral Director will lead a walk to discover and share local stories or history of Woolwich old Dockyard (we will also be foraging).